Sunday, July 22, 2012

Three Guilty Pleasure Movies


Pick three of your top “guilty pleasure movies”

Wow another challenging topic.  How do I limit it to just three…I love movies.  Movies are a way to escape the real world, the stresses of life, even for just a little bit.  But here we go

1. Sex in the City:  Anyone that knows me will not be that surprised by this.  I love the series so you would think I love the movie and I do but for some very interesting reasons.  First, it came out why I was deployed and my parents (yes my parents) went and saw it “for me” as my dad put it.  I will never forget the email when he told we they were going to see it because they wanted me to know that they miss me so much they are willing to see my favorite movie and give it a review.  When what I heard was, “HAHAHAHAHAH you can’t go but we can”

Anyway, why I love the movie.  Well its just picked up just like I thought it was.  Can being a huge fan of “Big” I wanted them together forever.  Of course life is not that easy and we all know that would be too easy for their relationship.  The part after he does not show up for the wedding and their cars pass in the street is one of the parts I can relate to more than anything.  As she got out of the car and started hitting him with her flowers, you could just see the pain in her face, that loss of you great love.  I have been there and understand exactly how she felt.  And then her friends came to the rescue it was great because I had friends that would do the same.  The ending was amazing.  They got married and he knew hoe important it was for her to have “the girls” there so he called them.  I love this movie and after every break-up I watch it and think there is hope for love at then end. 

2.  Princess Diaries (yes both of them): The reason I love this movie is not so much the movie but the reason.  One of my dearest friends and I would say this is our movie.   Every time Emily and I get together we have to watch these movies.  Its so nice to smile and laugh with her.  I can’t even count the number of times we have watched this movie thru the good, the bad, and the ugly times.  We also text or call each other when we see it on TV.  I will never be able to watch this movie with out thinking of my dear Emily and all the times we have laughed, cried and even slept a little thru these movies.

3. 21 Jump Street: So this is my feel good movie of the moment.  I think I have watched this about 10 times since I bought it on iTunes.  I laugh so hard every time.  With all the stress in my life right now I need a good laugh and I am not ashamed to say I have watched this movie back to back.  Yes I like it that much and I really hope the ending was set-up so there can be another one.  I need to keep laughing.  

1 comment: