Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Together on Tuesday.....What are you reading


So in the theme on 2013 (The year of no excuses) I am brining back my little blog for Together on Tuesday.  This week we have chosen “What are you Reading.  This topic is near and dear to my heart because I am what you would call a bookworm.  It has to be from when I was little….my parents always read to us when we were little and as we grew older we had “Quite Time” 30 mins before bedtime when we would have to read.  I loved this time as a kid and I also loved going to the library and when I got older going to the bookstore.  My favorite thing was when my dad would tell us yes you can each get a book.  I was so happy in getting a new book and I was one of those kids that could read the same book over and over again.  Now that I am older I still love reading.  It’s the one thing I have not let me crazy job take over in my life.  I read all day at work…emails, evaluations, awards, regulations the list seems endless so when I come home I love to find a quite moment and just read for a little bit.  I am one of the crazy people that can read a few books at a time so I have decided to just tell you what is on my Ipad and tell you why I downloaded the book. Here goes nothing. 

“Lies that Chelsea Handler Told me” by Chelsea’s Family, Friends and other Victims.  Okay I love Chelsea Handler she just makes me laugh.  So whenever I am in the need of a laugh I gravitate to her books. 

“Total Frat Move” by W.R Bolen.  So I was in a Sorority in college and pledged an elite group in Air Force ROTC so when I looked at the charts in ITunes under humor this just called out to me.  I started reading it last night and its funny that 11 years later I can still laugh at the crazy things the Greek systems does and how we as young adult justify it.  Last night when I should have been sleeping I kept saying just one more chapter…that’s how I know I enjoy the book. 

“Hopeless” by Colleen Hoover. This was another chance book I found on Itunes and I am so glad I did.  It’s a coming of age book about an 18-year-old girl and her finding out for herself what is real in her life and what is a lie.  Took a little bit to get into because I had no idea where the story line was going but yesterday I turned the music up on my apple TV and sat and read for over 3 hrs before going for a run and I am glad I did because the book came full circle.  I will defiantly be looking for more books by this author. 

“Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott.  By far one of my favorite books of all time.  I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I have read this book.  It is the epitome of a classic book.  Every time I read it I wish I was a March sister and wonder how different the story could have ended up.  The other thing I find very interesting every time I read the book my “favorite” sister changes.  I think that is amazing that as I grow older I relate to a different character.  I might be hitting the road for a few long trips and I am pretty sure that I will be reading this book again during the long flights. 

“Most Talkative” by Andy Cohen.  Okay I hate to admit it but I love everything Bravo TV.  I know its crazy and the reality TV is out of control but I still love it.  Also, the nights show Andy’s Clubhouse has to be one on the best “talk shows” on TV.  I have always heard about the incredible story of how Andy Cohen worked his way up to the job he has now so I had to read it for myself and it’s a great story…..MAZEL

I could go on forever when it comes to books but I am sure I would bore just about all my readers except my Daddy.  My Daddy and I can talk books for ages…I am so glad he installed in me the thirst for reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment